• question-icon

What causes constant sunburn like rashes on skin in a psoriasis patient?

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: I have a sunburn- like- condition which has lasted about six weekls It seems toi brought on after sleep
I have psorises which doesn't seem related to this condition XXXX
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

There are a few things this sunburn-like rash could be. Is it itchy? If so, it could be a contact dermatitis, or eczema, and would respond well to topical antihistamines. It could be seborrheic It could be an infection, such as Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or a fungal infection, which would need either antibiotics or a topical antifungal cream. However, one of the most common rashes of this type in your age group is seborrheic dermatitis, which is treated well with topical Metronidazole cream. The best way to diagnosis this, however, is an extensive in-person skin exam.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist