• question-icon

What causes constant sharp pain in the upper stomach?

Posted on Sat, 22 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: My daughter has consistent sharp pain In her upper stomach and everywhere actually. Also nausea and back pain? Any help would be appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management and supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Sharp pain in back and epigastrium and constipation in history is likely a gastric discomfort. I would like you to have some work up for pancreatic and gall bladder profile to rule out any stone or sludge there and amylase lipase levels to rule out pancreatitis. Once all labs clear then its likely a gastric discomfort or a constipation predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Modifying diet lifestyle, eating small frequent meals, adequate fluids intake, fresh fruits vegetables, diet rich in fiber, more exercise will help.

I hope it helps. Take good care of your daughter and of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan