What causes constant pain in the legs and tiredness?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I am getting always pain for legs from knee to heel.some times i am not willing to walk and feeling so tired ,i am facing this issue from last 1 year.can u please suggest me any solution for this.
I am married and i have 2 years old baby
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dietary deficiency likely.

Detailed Answer:
Constant pain in the legs and tiredness can be due to:
1. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B 12, Vitamin D, Calcium, etc. which interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction.
2. Decrease in blood sugar levels (Hypoglycemia)
3. Any fluctuation in blood pressure levels such as Hypotension.
4. Hormonal imbalance like Hypothyroidism.
5. Lack of adequate hydration, proper nutrition & good sleep.
6. Even emotional factors like stress/tension can lead to such symptoms.
Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.
So, it will be better to consult an orthopaedician & get a proper physical examination done to find out the exact cause.
Based upon that, appropriate management steps could be taken.
Meanwhile, you can try these-
To help the pain, ice the area immediately after getting up in the morning. You can use either a store-bought cold pack or a frozen wet towel. Ice for 10 or 15 minutes. To reduce inflammation, take an aspirin or ibuprofen at mealtime.
A 4-inch wide Crepe bandage wrapped around the region also helps reduce discomfort.
Calf and anterior (front of) leg stretching and strengthening addresses the bio mechanical problems and reduces pain.
Use shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole.
Have a healthy diet rich in calcium and vitamin D3
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal