What causes constant headache?

Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Doctor,

I have been experienced constant headache for the last few days. I have been taking paracetamol to relieve the pain. Is there any other medication that you can recommend ?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:

I would like to know more about the headache:
1. when did it start?
2. How does it start?
3. The areas involved?
4. The intensity of the headache rating it from 0 - 10(0 being the least and 10 the maximum)?
5. Any other associated symptoms along with headache like difficulty in vision, frequent running nose, burning sensation in the eyes?

As this would help me in knowing your condition better and guiding you in the right direction.

Along with paracetamol, you can take tablets like Aspirin, Ibuprofen which are available over the counter for your headache.

Please provide me the above asked details to help you in a better way.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 2 hours later
1. when did it start? started recently only
2. How does it start? just pain
3. The areas involved? top of the head
4. The intensity of the headache rating it from 0 - 10(0 being the least and 10 the maximum)? 5
5. Any other associated symptoms along with headache like difficulty in vision, frequent running nose, burning sensation in the eyes? nope
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Non Specific

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the details.

In my opinion after going through your details feel that the headache is not specific to any known causes of headache.

Please continue with paracetamol as it is a safe medicine and see a doctor if it persists for days.

Follow these instructions which might help in reducing your headache:
1. Follow regular physical exercises as this will keep you physically and mentally fit.
2. Follow meditation or yoga regularly.
3. Follow regular eye and some stretching exercises during work.
4. Consume meals at regular intervals, preferably home food, non spicy and non oily food.
5. Consume plenty of fluids like water and fruit juices. This will keep you fresh.
6. Consume a glass of water an hour before and after every meal. This will make you to take adequate water per day.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards.