Suggest remedies for persistent headache
Don't wait to call your doctor.
Hello and welcome,
It is good that you are getting your eyes checked tomorrow, but I highly recommend that first thing tomorrow you make an appointment with your primary care doctor (or one of his/her partners) to be seen ASAP. Your doctor will take a history, do a neurological exam, and if he/she doesn't think it is due to tension (which I doubt it is if it has been for 4 weeks), or something else that is fairly obvious, such as a sinus infection or allergies, he/she should order a head CT or MRI. If they don't suggest this, demand one.
In addition, some blood work is needed. I would get a complete chemistry panel to look for any abnormalities that might reflect electrolyte imbalances, a CBC to look for occult infection or abnormalities of white blood cell counts or anemia, and a TSH and free T4 (thyroid tests) to look for thyroid abnormalities which can go with your hair falling out.
If you are on any new medications, these should be reviewed for the possibility of them causing your symptoms (both head and for hair loss). If you work with or use any chemicals, stop or avoid these. Avoid getting your hair colored or treated until this is resolved, and if you pull it back tightly, avoid this too. If you take supplemental Vitamin A, stop that for awhile too.
Stress from pain and illness can cause rapid hair loss too, but both of these symptoms (headache and hair loss) should be evaluated.
If your headaches get worse before you can get in to see your doctor or one of his/her partners, then go to the ER.
I hope this information helps. If you are willing, please let me know how you are doing after you have been evaluated by your doctor.
I guess I should have seen someone before I left but I really thought it would clear up as I never have headaches except for a very occassional migraine.
Once again thank you for your advice.
I'm glad to hear you are following up on this.
If your headaches get worse, though, please don't wait for your mother's doctor but go to the ER where they can get a head CT done in an efficient amount of time.
Hoping this is resolved soon and you are feeling pain free again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent headache nausea on medicines no relief suggestions
- Persistant headaches sinus and tension headache nasonex sprays
- Suggest remedy for headache and cold
- Persisting nausea and headache reason
- Having headache fatigue diagnosed as tension headache suggestions
- Persisting cold sneezing headache weight loss suggestion
- Headache and fever please suggest remedy
- Persistent headaches and nausea
- Persistent headache nausea and vomiting
- What is the remedy for persistent headache
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis