What causes cold and dry cough while on Mucinex?
Yes it is a possibility
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Yes, it is a possibility
Pneumonia is assessed / diagnosed clinically. Fever with cough and typical auscultation findings may prompt empiric antibiotic therapy without the need of further investigations.
An x ray chest PA view can be advised.
CURB 65 scoring is done to assess the severity and decide on the empiric therapy. It includes the following parameters to obtain a score.
Blood Urea nitrogen
Blood pressure or less
Age 65 or older
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a dry cough
- Continuous dry cough causes
- Inactive , dry cough causes
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Dry cough causes
- What causes dry cough with headaches and leg cramps
- Dry cough from cold
- Constant dry cough causes
- Melatonin causes dry cough?
- What causes dry cough after fever
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...