What causes burning sensation in the penis after intercourse?

Posted on Mon, 3 Oct 2016 in General Health
Question: I have sex for past 4 days it was a protected one today morning I feel like little burn in my penis head but no pain I washed my Penis. Inside after sex with soap can you tell me why it happened any problem in that I have used latex condoms and I have attached my penis picture for your reference.

Sir I have attached my penis picture for your reference kindly clarify
Thank you
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Balanitis due to either yeast infection or irritant or latex allergy.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
First of all, the quality of the picture is not very good. The picture shows that you are having a balanitis. Balanitis can be caused by both STD and Non-STD causes.
As you had protected exposure the possibility of STD is unlikely.
You had not mentioned anything about unprotected oral sex. That also can cause a balanitis. Unprotected oral sex can cause an yeast infection.
This could be due to irritants like soap or antiseptics or latex allergy.
Consult your physician and follow his guidance and get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 6 minutes later
Dear sir this can be curable one with medicines ?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your problem is definitely curable only.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Nothing serious. It is very much curable.
Irritant balanitis and condom allergy some times heal spontaneously with abstinence from sex and repeated cleaning with plain water.
Yeast infection has to be treated. Irritant and allergic balanitis also sometimes may need treatment.
Seek the help of your physician.
Dr S Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 20 minutes later
Dear sir I am working here in an gulf country here we can't go and ask this issue directly in hospital so kindly give the medicine details for this burning sensation that I will buy here and I will use here. Need your urgent response sir if yeast infection is it curable or not sir ?

That girl does oral sex to me but I didn't do for her what should I want to do is it a yeast infection ? And if yeast infection whether it can be treated or not ?

Sir please kindly give your suggestion
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yeast infection is curable only.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Yeast infection is completely curable.
Before which the diagnosis of this condition should be confirmed. External antifungal creams (Clotrimazole or micanazole) along with Tablets of Flucanazole would be the ideal. But without confirming the diagnosis , not to try. I had worked in gulf countries. There is no problem in attending a skin clinic. Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
1st day I had frequent urination and burning sensation second day it becomes little bit normal today my third day morning it was normal for me no burning sensation and no frequent urination
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine examination will reveal the real picture

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Rather than symptoms, investigations will reveal the real picture. Urine examination only can tell whether you have problem or not. So kindly follow the guidance of a physician.
Dr S Murugan
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist