What causes burning sensation in the left leg?

Neurologist
Question
I have had a burning feeling in my left leg at varying degrees over the last few days. my pcp is booked through the start of next year and wonder if it is something worthy of an immediate care visit
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neuropathy needs to be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The burning leg symptom you are mentioning may be a symptom of neuropathy. I would suggest you to get yourself examined by a Neurologist. A 'Nerve conduction studies' test may be required. Further, blood sugar, ESR, Calcium, serum electrolytes and Kidney function tests should also be done. Another common cause of neuropathy is chronic alcohol intake? Do you take alcohol frequently?

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)