• question-icon

What causes breathing difficulty, wheezing, chest pain, mucus in stool and excessive sweating?

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have trouble with breathing, wheezing, chest pain, pain under my left breast, large amounts of mucus in my stools, sweating a lot at night, feeling a little weak, and headache what can this be?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been going on?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. I have reviewed them entirely and they are not very specific for a given disease condition. I will like to know for how long this has been going on and whether there has been any associated coughing. Wheezing and breathing difficulties is typical of asthmatic attack but mucus in stools and night sweating are not explained by this. Because the symptoms are all over the place with no specific diagnosis, I will often suggest that you get a comprehensive medical testing and at least a baseline chest x-ray to make sure there is nothing we are missing out on.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
For two weeks. Yes there has been coughing as well.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will say get a comprehensive examination and a chest X-ray!

Detailed Answer:

I will suggest you pay a visit to your primary care physician. I hope this will allow us to examine you fully and run a minimum number of test to obtain more information for orientation. This way, we can better investigate, pinpoint the origin of these symptoms and manage them accordingly.

I wish you well and keep me updated about this.
Dr. Ivo Ditah