What causes blood on head of penis?
Started peeing light red. Blood drops came out of end of penis. Later when I went again, it felt like something let go inside of penis, and what appeared to be a half inch long of red string came out. Bleed again following but it cleared up next bathroom visit. Never had frequent urges to go. Fast forward to today. Noticed the pressure again last night, but all has been clear for two weeks. This morning, clear pee but light red drip again. Massaged end of penis and a clump of blood came out and that feeling is gone again. What do you think is going on?
Prostate gland is increasing in size
Thank you for the wonderful description. I would love such queries from people.
There are two possibilities here.
1) A very mild STD if only you are sexually active
2) Most likely this is the reason. There is prostate gland that is at the base of penis, around the urethra that is highly blood filled. After 50 yrs the size of it increases as the testosterone reduces in amount. This increase leads to opening of capillaries in it leading to stained urine or stringy blood during or after the urination.
For now just drink a lot of water and do not need anything as medicine for both the above conditions. IF it happens again you should see a doctor for an Ultrasound of the abdomen with full bladder to confirm the enlarged prostate. There are medicines to reduce the size. Please do not worry.
Hope this answers.
Stop B complex supplements for 15 days
Is 'Become' a B complex supplement that you mentioned in your query? If yes stop it for 15 days.
Hydration does the trick for you. I do not think there is anything over the counter that reduces the swelling of the prostate.
I do not think it is a STD as well. However you can continue the CRANBERRY.
Please close and rate our discussion if you do not have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for red dots on penis head
- What causes irritation and red bumps on penis head
- What causes bumps under crown of penis head
- What causes circular lesion on my penis head
- What are the possible causes of sensitive penis head
- What causes ulcer on the head of penis
- What causes dark patches under penis head
- What causes red on head of penis
- What causes swelling in penis head
- What causes sideways penis head
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?