Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Diagnosed enlarged prostate. Can I go for green laser procedure against TURP procedure advised?

Hi,have been recently been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate ,today i started taking flomaxtra which my uroligist prescribed for me.I have to go back & see him in a months time & if my condition hasn t improved he said i may have to undergo the TURP procedure.I have been doing quite a bit of research on the internet & personally i would rather try the green laser procedure as it seems to have less complications,what are your thoughts on this.I just turned 50yrs old this year. Thank You David Simpson
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Sexologist 's  Response
Dear Davosim, No doubt laser procedure have upper hand as far as knife less surgery is needed. BUT my opinion is nowadays drugs have better result and you will not have to for surgery , if so ask your urologist for 2nd options if available you can opt for it.
Answered: Wed, 26 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor