What causes blood in vomit during pregnancy?
Usually a tear in the esophagus or peptic ulcer
Welcome to HCM and thank you for the query.
I understand your concern.
The vomiting that you experience is most probably due to the 'morning sickness' associated with pregnancy.
With repeated vomiting there can be a small tear where the food pipe ( esophagus) joins the stomach (Mallory-Weiss tear). The other possibility is a bleeding peptic ulcer.
The correct management would be to go to the ER and get an upper GI endoscopy done, if you have the facility. This would help in making the proper diagnosis and endoscopic treatment if required. This is very important if your stools are black also.
If this is not possible let me know and I shall advise you on what are the other options.
Dr Noble Zachariah
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pregnancy orofer xt causing vomiting
- What causes severe pain in abdomen and vomiting during pregnancy
- What causes blood in urine during pregnancy
- What causes vomiting during the menstrual cycle
- What causes blood in sputum during pregnancy?
- What causes vomiting blood
- What causes vomiting during early pregnancy
- What causes vomiting during basketball games
- What causes vomiting with blood during pregnancy
- What causes vomiting sensation during urination