question-icon

What causes blood in urine?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jan 2018
Question: After I wee it hurts and some blood comes out not a lot and after when I wipe had it before and it went and it’s come back again
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma (23 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Urinary infection or stone

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
The symptoms you have described are suggestive of either urinary tract infection or a urinary stone, likely to be in the urinary bladder.
You should get a urine examination and ultrasound of the kidney, ureter and bladder to confirm the diagnosis and get further treatment accordingly.
In the meantime, continue drinking plenty of water and cranberry juice.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine