Is dialysis only solution for high uric acid level?

Dr, I am lax from india. My cousin is 50 years old male and he has been taking tablet for blood pressure for last 10 years and he is doing light duty job only. Six month before he was taken treatment for urinary stone in the hospital and with iv medicine it was cleared off. Then some time he was feeling pain and that was tollerable. so he was taking tablet and its gone.

Recenetly 5 days before my cousin was having pain in the back side and he was not able to pass urine. So he was admitted in the hospital nearby his home. Then there they took scan for checking any stone and tested the urea level. They they said urea level is very high. He was given medicine thro iv to reduce the uric acid level. but it was not reducing and become high. So he was shifted to another hospital to check with nephrologist. There they took scan,other test and they found no stones. They said one kidney is seems in shrinkage condition. after went this hospital he can able to pass urine. They gave medicine thro' iv to reduce the uric level for the last 2days, but the level of the uric become increase around 160 and the creatine leve they found around 10. So yesterday they said, first to reduce the high amount of uric level , he has to go for dialysis . Then they made dialysis (hemo) for him 2 cycle ( 2 hrs + 4 hrs) . Now he has been moved to ward from ICU and Dr. asked to give him light food like liquid type.

My question is , whether this decesion taken for dialysis is correct or not ?

Also this dialysis process is required for him upto when and whether it is required to continue further also or not. pl. reply in detail.

Thanks
Mon, 8 Aug 2016