What causes blood in urine?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Sep 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have been doing ice the last 24 hours and I am passing blood in my urine and it's burning durnoing bad urination what could be the cause also pain in my lower tummy my friend did the same amount with no complication
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly due to UTI

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted blood in urine (Hematuria) with burning during urination that you have is mostly due to UTI .

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like
Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen done to rule out urinary stone .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 12 minutes later
so I should go to the hospital tonight and this is not an std is it
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Did you have unprotected sex with unknown woman?

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

As regards your query about having STD I would like to know whether you had unprotected sex with unknown woman or sex worker very recently ?.

If so get swab test of urethral discharge done to rule out the same .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are no attachments attached to your query .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

There seems to be some technical error There is only one attachment to your query that too is some payment receipt and not any other informative reports .

Please provide information which I have asked for .That will help me in making precise comments and suggestions .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.