What causes blood in urine post recovery from prostate cancer?
Can be due to UTI .
Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had Cancer Of Prostate which has been treated with external Beam Radiation 8 years back and has noticed Hematuria since very recently .
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any urinary symptoms like Frequency for urination ,urgency for urination etc ?
2) Are you taking any medication especially Aspirin ?
In view of your PSA being undetectable hematuria that you have is unlikely to be due to recurrence of cancer of prostate .It could be mostly due to UTI .However other causes of Hematuria has to be ruled out .
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Endoscopic Examination of bladder (Cystoscopy)
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post prostate cancer
- Aggressive prostate cancer causes
- Causes of prostate cancer
- Recurrent prostate cancer causes
- Ed prostate cancer recovery
- Advance prostate cancer causes
- Chances of recovery with prostate cancer
- Prostate cancer screening causes
- Resistant prostate cancer causes
- Urine test for prostate cancer