question-icon

What causes blood blister under tongue while on Prednisone?

Posted on Thu, 19 May 2016
Question: My son gas what looks like a blood blister the size of a jelly bean under his tongue. He has Crohns is taking prednisone , flagyl, Apriso, and has had 1 treatment of Remicade. Could this blister be a result of this treatment?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (13 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possible but not common with Remicade.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this blood blister that your son has. I have reviewed the image and this is typical of a blood clot. Remade is a possible explanatory factor but this is rare. This might rather be linked to trauma during chewing. If this happens only once, no need to get concerned. Only seek further care if this happens repeatedly. For a one time episode, be calm and relaxed and monitor only to obtain more information that will guide towards the diagnosis.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah