What causes bladder pressure, gas, internal hemorrhoid and urethral bleeding?

Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology

Posted on Fri, 2 Jan 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi doctor,
I was diagnosed with pcos heavy or sometimes abnormal bleeding iused to regularly do my ultra sound, everything was normal no issues. Otherwise I was healthy.

but everything changed in the ladt 4 years. I did my c section did not have complication and my periods all were normal. After 8 MONTHS since I had c section one night I had sudden bladder pressure and woke up in the midnight to wee, I had horrible pain and the pain continued whole night , I went to doc got it chcked for uti was nill my ultra sound clear. Since then I used to have light pulling discomfort in the right side close to my incisions. Gas problem , ibs like symptoms, after 8 months later rectal bleeding when I went poo, got it checked saidbi had internal hemorrhoid,.
then 9 months ago I started bleeding from urethra during periods. 3 months back started bleeding from clitorus during periods. I have my cystoscopy next week.

I dont know whats going on with me. Sometimes I get waterybor white discharge from urethra and clitorus.

All this happened after my C secton which I did in 2011for 8 months I was fine all issues one by one started after that.

Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
The cause may be endometriosis.Cystoscopy helps to diagnose

Detailed Answer:
The problem of internal hemorrhoids can be solved by simple treatment.

Regarding the problem of bleeding from the urethra and clitoris during periods, probably it is because of the condition called endometriosis [presence of endometrium in locations other than in it's normal area-uterus].This occurs in some women after c section [not immediately after c section, it takes some time to grow and like endometrium it also bleeds during periods because of hormonal changes periodically].

Cystoscopy may help to diagnose the cause of bleeding.

Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 5 hours later
thanks for your reply doctor.
I never had endo before.
also sometimes getting white discharge from urethra or clitoris.
is this life threatning?
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms not life threatening

Detailed Answer:
You can have endometriosis after c section, even if you not had it before [this is probable diagnosis, final diagnosis is by cystoscopy and biopsy only]. Endometriosis is not life threatening, usually it is treated by hormones.

White discharge is not life threatening, as tests including "pap" test is normal.

Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj