What causes backache with stiffness and soreness in the buttocks?
I am a 51 year old white female in good health otherwise and a normal weight.
Can be due to many causes.
Thanks for posting your query.
The persistent back pain that you have can be due to Spondylitis, Lumbar herniated disc, Degenerative disc disease, Isthmic spondylolisthesis etc. All these causes need to be ruled out through clinical examination and radiological investigation (like X- ray, CT scan, Myelogram, MRI etc).
In the meanwhile, adequate rest, hot compresses, good analgesic medications and avoiding strenuous exercises will benefit you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes backache with abdominal pain
- What causes stiffness in the throat
- What causes a stiff tongue
- Stiff sore and itchy legs what could be causing this
- What is the cause of stiff foot
- What is the cause of lower backache during night
- What is causing a stiff leg
- What causes backache with short breath
- What causes stiff muscles
- Backache causes