Suggest treatment for degenerative disc disease
I am a bit overweigh. I'm a metal fabricator and lift all the time. I were weigh belts all the time when working or doing anything at home to protect myself. Using anti-inflamitory pills work good when needed.
Really gets rough end of big work day, back tightens up !!! hard to move around. I practice martial arts from
age 12 till 27 and again from 37 to 42. I know how to stretch.
doctor says loose weigh and we will see. Why cant I be fixed now. This is veryaggravating.
Had mri and it shows how worn the disc is. I have a very high threshold for pain but do I have to wait a year maybe more to prove I'm worthy candidate . Whats up?
Get examined and evaluated by a neurologist
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
The management of disc disease and prolapse is conservative initially.
Pain killers with pain modulator drugs are used along with physiotherapy and precautions.
Gabapentin, pdega balon or amitriptyline is used.
Surgery is reserved for cases with neurodeficit or unresponsive persistent severe pain.
You should visit and consult a neurologist or neurosurgeon too.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
I have already seen neurosurgeon. Please answer the question or give me another doctor.
Consult and visit a second neurosurgeon
You should consult a neurosurgeon with images of mri for evaluation regarding operation at present situation.
If the present treating doctor is not helpful to you, you can get a second opinion too.
You can also upload images here for evaluation as report is not sufficient for giving any surgical advice.
Kindly upload the prescription of previous treating doctor.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Anabolic steroids degenerative disc disease treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain due to degenerative disc disease
- Suggest treatment for degenerative disc disease of cervical spine
- What is the cause and treatment of degenerative disc disease
- Is degenerative disc disease curable
- Is relafen used in the treatment of degenerative disc disease ?
- Any suggestion for degenerative disc disease
- Suggest treatment for degenerative disc disease and bulging disk
- Treatment and cure for Then degenerative disc disease
- Nutritional supplements and treatment of degenerative disc disease
- What causes recurrent painful sensation over one side of lower face?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- What causes constant dizziness?
- Suggest treatment for weight gain, coldness and constipation
- What causes facial pain and leg numbness in a patient with diabetes?
- Suggest treatment for recurring optic neuritis in right eye
- What causes trouble thinking clearly while recovering form sepsis?
- How long should medication be continued after suffering partial paralysis?
- Suggest treatment for constant pain due to neuropathy
- What causes burning sensation in buttocks of a person with spinal problems?