What causes abdominal pain,bloating and burning in chest after uterus removal?

General Surgeon
Question
8 days ago had a removal of uterus, cervix and fall tubes and intensive removal of scar tissue in the intestine DR told me the intestine were wrap around the uterus now have difficulty passing gas and its very painful to the point i an pushing now i have pain on both side where my ovaries ar back pain and slight vaginal discharge pink in color I am also ehaving pain/ burning when i breath ain my upper right quadrant taking everything nothing id helping when i eat have abdominal pain and become very gasy vacant take deep breathe upper right hurts
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
looks like gastritis

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

I have read your query and understand your concern.

You seem to be having drug induced gastritis following your surgery. The upper abdominal pain and bloating and burning can be due to that. And you need to continue your ppi tablet (pantaprazole or omeprazole) which ever you were prescribed after the surgery.

But the pink discharge from vagina and lower back pain eight days post surgery, should not be taken lightly, especially with an intestinal anastomosis. For this i would suggest that you see your surgeon again for a clinical examination and an ultrasound to rule out any pelvic collection.

Also get a blood counts done, to look for any infection. I am sure you doctor will advice you this.

And for the difficulty in passing gas and stools, ruling out any obstruction is very important. So, you need to see your docor again for this, ASAP. As if there is any obstruction, the increased intestinal pressure can be harmful for the anastomosis.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma