What causes abdominal cramps and mood swings in a chain smoker?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I'm 46 yr old blk woman, who smoke pack cigarettes daily. my menstruation has stop. last period 12/16/16 and before that 12/28/15. I'm experiencing some cramps, breast tender, and pimples. and mood swings at times. been to my GYN last year did blood work to check my hormone they say I'm not going through menapause
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
WHy dont you get the blood work repeated afresh ?
Your symptoms are very suggestive of menopause or perimenopause.
I am sure that would reflect in the bloodwork if done right now.
So please do that and upload the reports.
Looking forward to hearing from you.