What causes a raised and pinkish spot on the face?

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello, I have a spot on my face which is slightly raised, one color pink, regular shape, and occasionally itchy
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
kindly upload better image

Detailed Answer:
hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dt.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.

unfortunately the image is not clear.Its blurred. I request you to upload clear image(s).

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 minute later
Here is a better image
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest a skin biopsy

Detailed Answer:
hi.

thank you. The image is still not very clear.
I would suggest a skin biopsy for a confirmatory diagnosis. This could be either a benign adnexal tumor Or a malignancy like basal cell carcinoma, merkel cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma.

regards

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Hello Dr.Kakkar, Thanks for your anawers. Going to send you a better photo again if tou don't mind looking it over. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest you to use a potent topical steroid

Detailed Answer:
thank you.
its a much better image.

I can see a scaly/crusted spot which seems most likely to be either seborrheic dermatitis or DLE (Discoid lupus erythematosus).

I suggest you to use a potent topical steroid e.g either clobetasol or mometasone cream, 2x daily for a week.
These are prescription steroids.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist