What are the symptoms of kidney stone?

Posted on Fri, 27 Mar 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My daughter whose eight years old has been suffering from abdominal pain from last two days followed by shivering and fever doctor gave her medication and asked to do a ultrasound report which I have attached it says gall bladder partially distended then pead said me to take opinion of gastroenterologist to check if partial distension is due to infection or kidney stone which is rare in kids please help Iam worried
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Febrile illness is usually associated with partially distended Gall bladder

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ms. Tanusree,

Greetings
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.

Please note that febrile illness in children is usually associated with partially distended Gall bladder. In the absence of any calculi or sludge in the Gall bladder, there is no cause for concern.
Also I could not find any attached report.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 11 hours later
Please look at. The reports and advice further treatment for the diagonisis that u said. Also when will my daughter become totally normal?
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound scan is normal

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms Tanusree

The ultrasound report is totally normal and there is no cause for concern. Partially distended Gall bladder is usually seen in semi Fasting or Fasting state associated with decreased intake of food during febrile illness in children. There is absolutely no cause for concern.

I hope the kid is doing well and has no fever.

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life.

Best regards
Dr Deepak Kishore
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 24 minutes later
She is having fever now and then with shivering and shes getting vomitting in which some yellow fluid comes out is hospitilization necessary any good medicine u can suggwst as per reports to get her back to normalcy?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anti emetic will be helpful

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms

I would suggest you the following

1. Continue giving antipyretic like Paracetamol for control of Fever

2. Anti emetic like Ondensetaron syrup will be helpful for relieving vomiting

If you notice any of the following then do consult Pediatrician for further assessment

1. Fever persistently above 101 °F

2. Persistent vomiting inspite of giving antiemetic

3. Decreased appetite and presence of persistent pain in abdomen

Following investigation will be required in consultation with Pediatrician

1. Complete blood count

2. Peripheral blood smear

3. WIDAL

4. Urine routine and microscopic examination

Do keep me updated about progress

Best regards
Dr Deepak
Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon