What are the symptoms of depression?
If left untreated can cause serious problems.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns.
In my opinion this is a good option for your son because untreated teen depression can cause serious problems like drug abuse or problems at home and school. Also depression is a risk factor for suicide so it should be treated.
There is also non medical treatment like therapy. You should make an appointment with psychiatrist so that he or she will talk with your son and decide which option is the best.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Do not give him medications by your own.
Giving medications by your own is not a good idea because he is not properly diagnosed. There is also a need to rule out other causes of his symptoms ( like for example thyroid disease). Even if your son does not want to talk to psychiatrist an appointment is critical. Try to let him know that you are with him in this situation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Depression staring into space symptom
- Sinusitis depression symptoms
- Severe depression and anxiety symptoms
- Symptoms of depression
- Depression panic attack symptom
- Oxy elite depressed symptom
- Symptoms of heartbreak depression
- What are the symptoms of postpartum depression?
- Depression symptoms in women menopause
- What causes depression and what are its symptoms