What are the reasons for an elevated alkaline phosphatase?
Active child is a well child
Hi...Alkaline phosphatase is measured by various methods and hence I need to know the normal range values of the result by which this has been tested there. Kindly get back to me with the normal ranges and I will guide you further.
Elevated Alkaline phosphatase is a tell tale sign of vitamin D deficiency.
Regarding eating less -
I take this opportunity to tell you certain scientific facts and relieve your distress -
1. An active is a well kid even if he is not eating well.
2. Development of a kid is as important as or I would say even more important than growth alone.
3. As the kids grow their interest in food decreases and interest in play activities increases so that they eat small quantity and run away to play. As parents we need to be more patient and feed than less quantity but more aliquots per day.
4. This age rather than the quantity of the food I suggest you concentrate more on the number of times you feed him and also make whatever you feed him calorie dense by adding good amount of ghee to it.
5. I suggest you not to use appetite stimulants on long run as they may cause drowsiness.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase and testosterone
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase gallstones
- Elevated alt and alkaline phosphatase
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase in depression
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase osteoprosis
- Treating elevated alkaline phosphatase
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase levels
- Causes of elevated alkaline phosphatase
- Alkaline phosphatase elevation and metformin
- Elevated alkaline phosphatase ayurveda