What are the disadvantages of undergoing teeth bleaching procedure?

Posted on Mon, 20 Feb 2017 in Dental Health
Question: what are the disadvantages of undergoing teeth bleaching of cavity teeths ?
is there any other procedure for whitening inspite of cleaning twice a day ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
teeth Bleaching, unpredictable, cavities, restoration

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query.
As far as the cavities in the teeth is concerned, it can be treated with fillings or tooth color restorations and not by bleaching. Bleaching is done to remove the intrinsic stains. If there is an intrinsic stain in the teeth, then you can go ahead with bleaching. It does not have any disadvantage but the out come is not predictable.
Regarding the teeth cleaning, you need to brush your teeth twice daily to maintain the oral hygiene. This will not whiten the teeth instead it maintains the natural color of the teeth. So you need to brush your teeth twice daily.
Kindly upload the images of the teeth so that I will be able to suggest you what treatment you need to undergo exactly.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 2 hours later
for whitening of cavity teeths filled with gum is there any side effects ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
no need of bleaching, it's normal, get teeth cleaning done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply and I have gone through the image.
As per the images, the teeth looks fine. The natural color of the teeth yellowish white. So there is no need of bleaching. You can get your teeth cleaned once. The cavities cannot be filled with gums. Consult a dentist and get the teeth cleaned and cavities filled with tooth color filing mterial like composite. So consult a dentist and get it evaluated.
I hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries reply me back. take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
what do you mean by cleaning ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
scaling, teeth cleaning, oral hygiene maintainance.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply.
Teeth cleaning means in professional terms we call it as scaling which includes removal of the deposits and stains over the teeth which makes the teeth to show its natural color. Usually soft deposits can by cleaned by yourself with regular brushing but the hard deposits (calculus) has to be cleaned by a professional dentist.
So consult a dentist and get a scaling done and there after maintain your oral hygiene by brushing your teeth twice daily and rinse your mouth soon after eating anything.
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 4 hours later
what is the cost of cleaning in XXXXXXX ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
1000 to 1500 rupees

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply.
The cost depends upon different areas. Usually it ranges from 1000 to 1500 rupees.
I hope I have answered your query. If any queries are there reply me back.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery