Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What are the chances of ovarian cancer in post menopausal woman?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 589 Questions
Is is possible for a post menopausal woman to get ovarian cancer?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Yes, it is possible. Moreover, most of the cases occur after the age of 60. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What are the chances of ovarian cancer in post menopausal woman? 12 minutes later
I have a history of endometriosis, had one ovary removed due to cysts growing all over it and they burst, have never had children, and my IBS symptoms over the past year have gotton totally out of control - discomfort, extreme gas, constant diarrhea and nausea. I have had a colonoscopy and there is nothing visibly wrong and I don't have colitis or crohns. Should I be concerned that this abdominal issue could be signs of ovarian cancer?
Answered by Dr. Guru 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! Very sorry for delay in replying, it was late night here at my place. Regarding your question- Though you are at little more risk for ovarian cancer than that of normal population, just based on the symptoms you have mentioned like discomfort, extreme gas, constant diarrhea and nausea we cannot say that these are signs of ovarian cancer. Because, these can be caused by variety of other conditions as well. However, if the symptoms persist for more than two weeks, it is better to consult a Gynecologist, undergo thorough physical examination and investigations like abdominal ultrasound, CA 125 etc to exclude and for your reassurance. Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor