What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic pancreatitis?
Please follow the suggestions below...
Generally, chronic pancreatitis (CP) can lead to diabetes due to lacking in production or/and secretion of insulin.
- You are also saying that your husband did not develop diabetes at the moment he was diagnosed with CP.
So, the most probable cause of diabetes of your husband is CP. Although the time of diabetes onset was 4 year after diagnosing and treating CP (13 years ago), it is this disease (CP) causing it.
- No doctor can predict the time of diabetes onset once CP is diagnosed.
- I understand your worries about your husband. It is good he is being treated accordingly. I'd suggest your husband should take proper measures and do regular check-ups for his pancreatitis and diabetes.
Hope it answered to your question!
p.s. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have other concern!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chronic pancreatitis tlc measurement
- Chronic pancreatitis outlook
- Mediterranean diet chronic pancreatitis
- What is the remedy for chronic pancreatitis and hypertension
- What is chronic pancreatitis
- Chronic pancreatitis and hives
- Hashimotos disease and chronic pancreatitis
- Life expectancy with chronic pancreatitis
- Chronic pancreatitis i get dla
- Chronic pancreatitis mucus poop
- May have a mild attack of gout. Red and swollen. Uric acid was slightly...
- Over weight. Having lot of hair on face. What can be wrong?
- What are the chances of getting diabetes for a person having chronic...
- Child having hair loss, unable to gain weight and sweating. Had a blood...
- Took 5 mg of propranolol. Will there be any side effects?
- Itching sensation all over body. Noticed blood under tongue. Are they...
- Having mild to moderate pain after root canal treatment. Could this be...
- Have diarrhoea and diagnosed with Cryptosporidiosis. Anything serious?
- Pain in left thigh, testicular pain, dizziness and nausea. Pain radiates...
- Taking nexium and having stomach upset. How long should I take nexium?