What are the chances of conception through IVF fertility treatment?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 17 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello , We are trying From past 2 years . slowly we came to know that my wife have Bi cournate utreus that is the reason of not conceving and painful periods cycle . We undergone a Laprascopy and hysterscopy to cut the syptom After 2 months of medicene We had IVF out of 17 Egg 9 embroys were good so we transferd 3 emrbroys and 6 were frozen , on the blood report HCG was 11.48 so doctor said to assume it as negative and after 1 month will transfer that Embroys which has been cryo . So My question how much chance is there by transfering the cryo embroys
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Transferring cryo embryos has same chance as a fresh embryo.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Cryo embryos are as good as fresh embryos. The chances of conception and continuation of pregnancy after a cryo embryo implantation are as good a s a fresh embryo implantation. There is no need to worry and go ahead with the procedure.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 hours later
Thank you Dr - XXXXXXX for your answer, we were worried about the future after the Report of IVF. My Question IVF report had 11.48 HCG level nd for pregnancy it requires more than 5. So what would be the reason so such slight pregnancy. As per doctor embroys were not stick to utreus that's why he didn't gave medeicne for pregnancy. What was the reason... is the embroys were not of good quality or any other reason
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to many causes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
HCG level should be more than 20 and should double in next 48 hours for a viable pregnancy. The non attachment of embryo to the uterine endometrium can be due to a thin endometrium, low levels of progesterone, inflammation of endometrium or idiopathic causes. Even without any reason the chances of attachment are not more than 40% in a cycle. It is not suggestive of unhealthy embryos.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 10 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. it is not suggestive of unhealthy embroys means ???? The embroys which we have frozen are of not good quality
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
It is not suggestive of unhealthy embryos. You need not worry. You can try ET again.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 hours later
Hello Dr , Today was 5th day of New cycle as per Dr Schedule we had to do BHCG on 5 th day and start ovral G till 20 th day and take INJ lumped on 20 th day but today BHCG report came 77.47 iu/ML so now Dr has suggested no medicine nd nothing till next month periods again have to BHCG next month . Now what does this BHCG means how much it shld be before ET . in this month only1 st day bleeding had happned nd 2nd slighty nd stop . so again today he asked for pelvis usg sonography ... Why this sonography has to be done
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
BHCG is a hormone that increases if there is a pregnancy. The level of 77.47 is suggestive of a pregnancy. The ultrasound scan is asked to confirm about any embryo in the uterus. Ideally in a non pregnant female the BHCG levels are less than 5. The mild bleeding that happened on 1st day could be an implantation bleeding.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
So this is the sign of pregnancy????????? Will do sonography tomorw then it will be confirmed
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Yes. Rise in Beta HCG levels are suggestive of pregnancy.
Regards.
Hello Doctor, sonography report ,

RT ovary is well seen.adjacent to& abutting the RT ovary there is E/o Cystic leison of size 1.8x2.0cms with echoes seen within wither favours Cyst with haemorrgahe Or chocolate Cyst of Endometriosis or less likely could be RT tubal ectopic pregnancy.

Uterus appears to be bicornuate with two uterine horns seen appering normal in sizw with no intrauterins Gsac OR fetal Pole seen in both uterine Horns (At Present) ET Measures 4 to 5 mm & Normal in both Horns. Cervix appears Normal.

In the RT lliac fossa dilated tubular aperistaltic lesion with slightly thickend walls noted favours chronically inflammed appendix with its lumen filled. With debris ( appendicolith)

Clinicolaboratry correlation & fallow Up USG pelvis & TVS is suggested.

This is the report kindly suggest what to do
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get repeat B-HCG levels evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
The report is suggestive of an ectopic pregnancy or endometriosis. It is best to repeat the B-HCG levels and if the levels are increasing then it is likely to be an ectopic pregnancy. Diagnostic laparoscopy will help in proper diagnosis in that case.
The old inflamed appendix in the right iliac fossa is not worrisome.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
Thank you, when should we repeat B-HCG again
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
After 48 hours of the previous test.

Detailed Answer:
The repeat test should be done 48 hours after the previous B- HCG test to see any doubling in the levels.
Regards.