• question-icon

What are the chances of STD transmission through non penetrative sex?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hey,
Yesterday i went for a massage and we both massaged each other and i fingered her vagina for a while and i rolled my fingers on her body and she also touched her vagina few times and later she masturbated me for a while.My concern i am scared what if her fingers or hand has vaginal fluids while she stroked me .i dint have any oral or vaginal or anal intercourse .
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Least chance if you do not have any cuts or wounds.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the possibility of any Sexually transmitted infection after the incidence.

After analyzing the complete query let me reassure you first that in majority of cases there is no or least possibility of any Sexually transmitted infection after this kind of act.

In few of the cases where one or other STDs are possible are those where one or the other person have any open sores or wounds or any major cuts over one or other partners hands. You can get that in you as well as your partner's case, if hands were in contact with genital area. If one partner has any STD then this spreads due to exchange of genital fluids with blood or serum from one partner to another partner through these open sores or wounds or any cuts.

So do let me know if you have any sores or open cuts or had seen any such condition in the other partner.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 minute later
no they are no sores or open wounds on her hand on my my genitals
My main concern is hiv is transmitted in this way ?
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Practically no possibility of HIV in your case. Relax.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back and thanks for your swift follow up.

As I can get that you do not have any cuts or sores or any open wounds over your hands so it is practically not possible to get HIV infection.

As I guided you earlier that it is due to exchange of fluids from genital area or blood to blood contact which actually causes spread of infection. So when there is no active vaginal sex or no cuts or wounds for the exchange of fluids then there is no possibility of any major STD including HIV specifically.

I counsel so many patients with such kind of situation and clinically none of the person got HIV on follow up.
I hope this calm downs your concern for HIV. Have safer sexual practice.

My best wishes for your healthy life.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist