What are the chances of HIV through oral sex?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
I have recently had a sexual interaction with a call girl. she gave me unprotected oral and i inserted my fingers in her verging. One of the fingers right after the encounter seemed to have a dark rim around the skin and the nail. it wasn't painful and a week out its all clear but with a visible small acab of some sort between the nail and the top skin of my finger. Am I at risk of HIV or any other STD.
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Matin Ahmad Khan 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some risk in your scenario

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,

Thanks for posting the question . I am Dr Matin and will be happy to answer your question

Although oral sex is a relatively low-risk activity, particularly when compared to vaginal or anal sex, it is possible to transmit HIV through oral sex in some scenario. Based on your description, I do not find significant risks involved through oral sex per se. However I am not very clear about the risks involved through the fingering event though since the chances of wound cannot be rule out.

So risk of transmission of HIV is negligible though fingering in your case as you had an old cut that was probably healed, the fluid contact is likely to be minimal and pose little or no risk for infection

There is almost no published data addressing the question of whether fingering (digital-vaginal penetration) is a risk factor for STD transmission. One study that looked at HPV and fingering examined the HPV risks of fingering in virgin girls and found them to be relatively low. So there is negligible risk for catching STDs through fingering But be aware unprotected oral sex puts you at risk for numerous sexually transmitted diseases like Herpes, Chlamydia, HPV, Syphils, Gonorrhea , Hepatitis A and B .

Hope this helps.
Be safe and healthy.