What are the chances of HIV infection after unprotected oral sex?
I was the one who received oral sex - I did not perform oral sex or come in contact with the person's body fluids - other than saliva
not due to hiv.
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering.
HIV pcr is negative after 23 days is conclusive that you are negative for hiv1
The symptoms are non specific and not related to hiv.rash may be due to folliculitis.
There is least possibility of hiv transmission by oral route except when there are ulcers or abrasions.
You can allay fears of hiv.
You can get back for any clarification
Dermatologist and venereologist
HIV RNA PCR 99% accurate for hiv1
Thank you for follow up.
Hiv RNA qual or HIV RNA PCR will be same.
It detects RNA copies of hiv1 .the accuracy is >99%. So conclusive for hiv1.hiv2 is rare and need not worry.
You can get a antibody test later after 3 months if any anxiety to rule out even HIV2 otherwise not necessary.
You can get back for any clarification Else close the discussion and rate.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chances of hiv infection after having sex with prostitute
- What are the chances of a circumcised man getting hiv infected
- Is there any chances of getting hiv infection
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- Chance of hiv infection
- Chances of hiv infection female to male
- Chances of getting hiv infection from oral sex
- What are the symptoms of acute hiv infection
- Chances of getting hiv infected person
- Are there any chances of hiv infection after protected sex