Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Vaginal discharge, foul odour, fungal infection, tea tree oil, yoghurt in diet

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
I am 28 yrs female.I have extra liquid flow in my private parts and it has a smell.what do i do and is it a serious problem? i have not be sexculary active for last 4 months as my husband is not in town. pls advice.
Thu, 17 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 57 minutes later

Thanks for your query

White,clear vaginal discharge is a normal phenemonon as it helps in cleansing of the vagina.The amount of discharge can increase during ovulation,pregnancy,stress,excitement etc.If the discharge is associated with any odour or changes in colour and consistency then it indicates any infection which can be fungal or bacterial in nature. Fungal infection is the most common cause for it as it occurs in warm,moist areas.
The discharge which you are having if it is cottage cheese like in appearance and has foul smell then it indicates fungal infection.
Wear loose cotton undies.
Apply tree tea oil mixed in water 2 times a day and keep the area dry.
Have lots of yoghurt in diet.
Do not apply any soap or harsh bodywashes in the area.
If the infection persists or the symptoms worsen kindly see a Gynaecologist for evaluation.You might require some prescription medications for controlling it.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up query if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Vaginal discharge, foul odour, fungal infection, tea tree oil, yoghurt in diet 15 hours later
Where can i get tree oil? is there a particular brand or medicine i can ask for?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Tea tree oil is easily available in any Body care shops,Drug Stores or Departmental Stores. There is no particular brand and it is a natural product which is antibacterial/antifungal in nature.

Wishing you Good Health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor