Undergoing AHA peeling treatment. Did fruit facial in between and developed rashes. Suggest solution

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: HI, I have been undergoing aha peeling treatment. they said that there would be 3 sessions. monthly once. so I have completed one sitting.And about to attend second sitting. But by mistake I took normal fruit facial in a parlour.What happened while she was massaging my skin got irritated and I asked her to stop. when she cleaned my face there was rash. and my skin looked bloated. After applying ice, rash got reduced but my face looks bloated.But the pores on skin became widened. please suggest me a solution. iam very worried about this. how will my skin look normal and pores go into normal size
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: use steroid cream and calamine lotion Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. When we suggest peels we advise our patients not to undergo any other procedure as peels slightly increase skin sensitivity. Right now to treat your skin rash,use a steroid like mometasone twice in a day and calamine lotion two to three times in a day. Take tablet cetirizine for few days. Continue icing your face. You should see result in four to five days. If not much result is seen consult your doctor. Avoid peel till rash subsides. hope this helped. Take care