Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Unable to get rid of genital warts around the end of penis with condyline. Why is it ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
Hi, I have had genital warts for many years (over 20 years). They have always sat on the glans around the opening at the end of penis (urethra ends). I got a sraping (cutting the genial warts by a scalpel) for approx. 18 years ago when I could not get rid of the genital warts by using condyline treatment. They came back later, and used again condyline. Maybe 6-7 times over the last 15 years, and always at the top of the glans. The last 1 1/2 years there have been no new genital warts. Because of the scrapers, and the repeated treatment with the liner condyline, scar tissue is formed on the glans, all around the opening at the end of penis. There are now (suddenly) just formed 2 dots / small wounds in the scar tissue that bleeds a bit now and then, for the last 2-3 weeks. And it also seems that the scar tissue has become more red. Why might that be. Could it be cell changes or should I not be so worried about it? Can you recommend of any treatment. I consulted my doctor 2 days ago, and he has never seen it before. He will send me to a specialist in urology, but I have to wait 3-4 weeks for control. Hope you can answer. I´m quite worried, because I now think of cancer. I´m not circumsised, and I´m "only" 54 years old. And the area with scars is appr. 4 x 10 mm with the opening at the end of penis in the middle. Thanks for your help.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

At this point I would not be particularly concerned about cancer. I think however you may be doing with the excessive formation oxcart issue which can happen after a number of years. The other concern is that some of this tissue me or become infected.

I agree with the referral to a urologist for a further examination and consultation. A couple of things might be considered. The first consideration would be the possibility of a steroid injection into the scar tissue. This can sometimes promote resolution of some of the areas of scarring. In addition you may benefit from a topical it biotic in order to help lower the chances of a progressive infection.

I can appreciate that this issue provide you with a significant degree of discomfort as well as anxiety. I want to reassure you at this point that I do not think you have any type of malignancy and that I really believe a consultation with an expert in the area such as a urologist is warranted.

Are urologist may take biopsy to make sure that we are not dealing with anything worrisome.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found nonresponse to be helpful. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address those here as well.


Dr. Robert
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor