Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive after having an abortion. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I had an abortion done in october 2012 and been trying to concieve since.... Please help me
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might not really be linked to the abortion provided the abortion was well done and had no complications. Presence or absence of signs of pelvic infection could be useful. timing and frequency of intercourse are not to be underlooked. You might have to consult an infertility specialist. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trying to conceive after having an abortion. Suggest? 2 minutes later
Ok but how do i speak with a specialist here?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) You have abortion only once which is not a cause to worry as many women experience abortion in the first pregnancy.

2) It is not necessary that the abortion is going to repeat again. you are likely to carry pregnancy till term.

3) I suggest you get follicular growth scans done which will give an idea about the optimum size of the follicle and help you to have intercourse so as to conceive.

4) The first trimester abortions are due to some chromosomal / genetic problems in the fetus. Since you are only 26 year old, you have good chances of conception.
I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Trying to conceive after having an abortion. Suggest? 1 hour later
Yes u did and thank you very much, I live in jamaica and dnt knw if they do that scan but I was told to do a hsg test with the XXXXXXX I don't know if it is safe and I have only done an abortion once
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
HSG is a test to evaluate fallopian tubes. Its generally safe. Follicular growth scan can be done by any good scanning centre or infertility centre or gynecologist in Jamaica. Please visit them and ask if they can do follicular growth scan

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor