Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Trying for a baby. Have erectile dysfunction and low testosterone. Will it be safe to take 200mg testosterone injections?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 12 months now. We were able to concieve last july, that pregnancy ended in miscarriage last october. He has been diagnosed with low testosterone. He had a vasectomy reversal done 4 years ago and his counts were 8 mil last SA done. Will 200mg testosterone injections done every two weeks decrease his counts. We are dealing with erectile disfunction that even 100mg viagra doesnt help.
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.

As you already have conceived once that means you do not have infertility problems but still if you think that the low testosterone levels are responsible for the not getting pregnant then in that case the exogenous testosterone will overcome the low levels.

The erectile dysfunction can be treated in several ways. If it does not respond to Viagra then a topical cream is available containing Viagra along with alprostadil branded under the name of vitaros which much more effective.

Injections of phentolamine, papaverine and prostaglandin E1 are used in cases not responding to oral or topical treatment.

Penile pumps are also used prior to intercourse which draws blood into penis when applied.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor