Have hard penis. Had priapism due ti an injection of papaverine. What to do to get it back to normal?

Hello I had a priapism do to an injection of papaverine that lasted about 36 hours. I went to the emergence room to be treated. the doc never checked the oxygen levels and stuck a needle in the side and removed the blood that came out bright red. sense then there is a hardness in my penis. will this go away in time it had been 6 months and how do I know if I have permanent damage.what test needs to be done. the urologist I went to said I have some fibrosis but he listed it a peyronie's but I don't think he is correct. my penis does not bend up or down.
Mon, 17 Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe that you may have a problem with fibrosis of the penis which is very common in peyronie's disease. However since you have had a history of priapism that lasted 36 hours and have had a physical drainage of blood to undo the condition, it might be best for you to have the situation evaluated by another doctor, i.e. take a second opinion regarding the actual condition from a qualified sexologist. I believe that you also have erectile dysfunction when you say that "penis does not bend up or down". If this is the case you will do well with medications for the same by consulting a qualified doctor or a psychiatrist. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!