• question-icon

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Posted on Mon, 12 Jun 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: (PAPAVERINE) what do I need to know:
it's use for penile dysfunction when oral med. won't work.
instructions for amounts to administer
continued use and cost?
You have given me only a Physicians opinion and his cost you haven't supplied my general cost for procedure as I requested. I need to know more info or I'm out of here.

It use
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Self administration can be done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Papaverine belongs to the group of medicines called vasodilators. Vasodilators cause blood vessels to expand, thereby increasing blood flow. Papaverine is used to produce erections in some men with erectile dysfunction. When papaverine is injected into the penis (intracavernosal), it increases blood flow to the penis, which results in an erection. Not more than one dose of 30 to 60 milligrams (mg) in a day is to be injected very slowly into the area of your penis. Moreover, this medicine is not to be used more than two days in a row or more than three times a week. The cost of one vial of papaverine may vary between $11 to $38 depending on whether you are going for a generic one or a some specific brand. The cost of intracavernosal injections would raise the expense slightly more initially (about $10). However, with proper guidance you can subsequently opt for self injections. The following page will provide guidance about the process:
https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?402-Penis-Injections-for-Hard-Erections-TRIMIX

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha