Treatment for acidity and constipation?
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
Let me know the associated details along with mentioned.
Do you have past history of similar symptoms since long time?
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal discomfort/ gargling sound in abdomen/ abdominal bloating after taking meals?
Does he have retrosternal burning pain causing difficulty in swallowing?
Do you have fever/ spasmodic abdominal pain?
With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of acute bacterial gastroenteritis or decreased gastrointestinal motility.
Bacterial gastroenteritis is associated with frequent urge for defecation but not getting anything and at time constipation.
As your symptoms are short lasting, there appears to be high possibility of infection and decreased gastrointestinal motility.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, ultrasound imaging, thyroid profile, blood sugar, x XXXXXXX abdomen and serum electrolytes.
You should also go for urea breathe test for H. Pylori.
If Urea breathe test is found to be positive then you have to take complete eradication therapy for H. Pylori bacteria.
Meanwhile, you should take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics for relief of your symptoms.
You should also take plenty of water and perform increased physical activity.
Avoid oily and spicy food, tomatoes, citrus fruits, excessive tea & coffee, chocolates.
Take soft diet along with yogurt.
Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
anwer to your queries are as under
no past history but problem of acidity was occurig frequently controlled by antaacids
yes acidic belching/abdominal discomfort
No restrosternal pain
There could be possibility of peptic ulcer disease as acidic problems were persisting since long time.
Using antacids is just like putting water on fire.
You should go for above advised blood investigations along with endoscopy for better clarification.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acid reflux hernia constipation irritable bowel syndrome treatment
- Treatment for constipation
- Acidity and heaviness in stomach mucus in stool constipation treatment
- What is the treatment for acid reflux and constipation
- Suggest treatment for constipation with acidity
- What are the treatments for constipation and acidity
- Treatment of chronic constipation in chf
- Treatment for acidity and constipation
- Bowel disorder acidity having hemorrhoid constipation treatment
- Digene treatment for constipation
- Itching on side of tailbone
- Have PCOD. On ginette 35. Gaining weight and feeling breathless. What...
- Swollen tongue on right side. What could be the reason?
- Have acute asthma, taking Omnacortil but have side effects. Want to stop...
- Suffering from chronic pancreatitis. Gall blader and spleen has been...
- Had unprotected sex, no periods. Should I take Mitegest?
- Diagnosed with gerd and hiatus hernia. Have acid reflux. Should I get...
- Done CBC test, have acid reflux, coughing up blood. Had UTI treated with...
- What cancer could cause a low WBC count? Done blood test
- Suffering from stomach pain, loose motion and feeling weak. Is it safe...