Took tetanus shot. Getting muscle twitching, dizziness and low BP. Is this normal?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi I got my tetanus shot last Monday today it has been a week I am getting mussel twitches and dizziness and fuzziness plus sometimes when I try to do stuff I have to sit down my blood pressure feels really low and I almost feel like I will pass out is this normal will it go away? Also I have never had any of these problems before and I think it's twitching not spasms it don't hurt just bump bump bump a few times then stops also tingling in my head
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
From the description provided it seems that you have muscle twitches or fasciculations. These are small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation visible under the skin arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers. Fasciculations have a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign.
The presence of weakness fatigue dizziness and generalized fasciculations could indicate the possibility of a endocrine or a electrolyte deficiency.
Another possible cause is vitamin B complex deficiency.
You need to keep your body well hydrated with plenty of fresh fruit juices.
Regular intake of rejuvenating fluids might help. Apart from the sports drinks which contain glucose and electrolytes you must have enough water alongwith to avoid dehydration.
Taking vitamin B complex supplements and methylcobalamin supplements for at least two weeks regularly will help in reducing your problem.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.