What causes intermittent numbness in the right legs, foot, arms and hands?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I get numbness in right hand and it goes to right arm and then to right leg and foot, last for about 30 seconds and then go away and in an 8 hour period it happened 4 times.
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Other symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Do you have progressing weakness of hand or arm on right side?
Do you see any deviation of the mouth on the left side?
Are you able to stick out your tongue straight?
Do you take medicines for any other problems? Are you on blood thinners?
If yes to any one of the above it can be a slow evolution to stroke.
If not, it could be a aberration in the nerve impulse that occur due to axonal degeneration in old age, vitamin deficiency.
You can opt to take Vitamin B12 supplements like Methylcobalamin.