Tingling sensation along right side face,3-4 times daily,sensation when bent down
Thank You for your query.
The Tigeminal Nerve supplies sensations to half the face and this nerve may be irritated by Dental or Sinus Infection. This would explain why it occurs or worsens with your head bent downwards.
The other cause for such one sided tingling or 'parasthesia' would be a local blood circulation problem. However, it is not possible to check this from a neck doppler study alone. It will require an M R Angiography, in addition.
If there are no accompanying symptoms such as dizziness, visual disturbances, headache (Migraine), in-co-ordination (MS), slurred speech (TIA), tingling numbness on the tongue or other side of your body (Wallenberg Syndrome), you may not have to bother about treatment. It should subside on it's own.
You must see a neurologist if the sensations worsen. Medication for Trigeminal neuralgia is available but must be taken only under medical supervision. Also remember that hormonal imbalance, thyroid problems, vitamin deficiencies such as B12 may be responsible.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tingling sensation in the right jaw advice
- Tingling sensation down back
- Tingling sensation when i cough
- Tingling sensation when angry
- Tingling sensation when pee
- Clitoris tingling sensation when peeing
- Tingling sensation when passing urine
- Tingling sensation when voiding
- Tingling sensation right side breast male
- Tingling sensation near right rib