Taking cetalopram and cymbalta. Feeling tired and difficulty to sleep. Am I having anxiety?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: Am not sure if I have anxiety or there is actually something wrong with me
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 48 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for seeking help!
I will be more than happy to know some details from you so that we can discuss what is actually wrong with you.
You can provide a detailed account of your medical history mentioning all the complains , onset and progress and any treatment history as of now.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
I was on cetalopram for a month that made me feel tired all time and now on cymbalta I just feel blank in my mind but can't sleep properly
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
From the description that you have given, it appears that you are probably having depression and taking treatment for the same. One month citalopram doesn't mean much and the treatment for depression should be taken for at-least 9-12 months. Cymbalta is duloxetine and is a proven anti depressant.
If you are having problem with sleep along with depression symptoms, paroxetine and mirtazapine and good options as they improve sleep along with anti depressant properties. You can also add benzodiazepines to the current therapy. Probably you can discuss these issues with your treating psychiatrist.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and review it if possible.
In case if you want to discuss with me directly you can use the link:
WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you a good health!

Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 43 minutes later
I think have been suffering from anxiety more
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 26 minutes later
Thanks for the followup query.
Depression and anxiety have a same etiology and have more or less similar treatments.
As advised in my last section you should ask your psychiatrist to try mirtazapine, paroxetine, benzodiazepine. CBT may also help. In the end exercise and good diet also help a lot.
Biofeedback is also a therapy which can work for you well. Try discussing these things with your psychiatrist.
WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you a good health!