Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Swollen glands behind ear and bellow jaw. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
The gland below near my ear below my jaw has felt swollen for the past few months, but it is not palpable. I also feel it when I swallow. It reminds me of the sensation you get in that gland when you eat something that is really bitter. I live in India, and they have sent me to ENT's (not an ENT issue) and an neurologist (occasionally it is accompanied with numbness in my face, but definitely not the core issue). This is not getting better, and it needs to be addressed soon as I worry if it is serious, I am just giving it time to get worse or spread.

Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 22 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Information provided points to salivary gland swelling may be with or without a calculus

I would suggest you go for a xray mandible and ultrasound of the swelling

As it is not papbable it could be a simple inflammatory gland also

Get a complete blood count done

Do you have any medical history ?

Do you have fever, pain on touch and what is the condition of the skin over the swelling ?

Hope this hels

Do get back with reports

Wishing you a healthy life
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor