Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Swollen arm, tingling. History of slipped disc and back surgery. What could be wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12746 Questions
My right arm is swelled a little and tingling. Been like that all day. What could be wrong? I'm 26. 5ft5in only medical I've had was a slipped disc. Had back surgery in 09 for that. My dad has had several heart attacks and my mom has had open heart surgery for clogged otteries.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

The swelling and tingling of the arm is most likely is suggestive of a neural (nerve compression or nerve irritation related) cause.

These neural pains are a challenging thing to treat as careful neurological examination is needed to ascertain the level of nerve involvement.

You can take some anti-inflammatory pain killer like Acetaminophen till you consult your neurophysician.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor