Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Sugget treatment for slipped disc in neck

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5570 Questions
Dear Dr XXXXXXX I wish to consult you about my father who is of 62 yrs. He is a patient of high BP since last 20 yrs. He was complaining about facial dystonia, tingling and numbness in left hand from last 2 yrs. I am attaching his MRI reports for your reference that we did last week . His alcohol intake is pretty high . Kindly take a look on reports and suggest what exactly it means and what kind of treatment is required . We are worried about his health . Please suggest . Regards XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 0000
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi Ms XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thank you for posting your query regarding your father. I have noted his complaints and have gone through the MRI reports of his brain and spine. First of all, I would like to reassure you that the findings in the MRI do not suggest any serious neurological illness. MRI brain shows a calcified granuloma, which is often due to healed (inactive) tapeworm infection. This does not cause any problem, and no action is needed regarding that. MRI spine shows slipped disc in the neck region, which is pressing on the nerves. This can lead to neck pain, pain and tingling in arms, numbness in hands, etc. Treatment would consist of medications such as pregabalin capsules, and physiotherapy. He should also use a soft cervical collar. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor