Suggest ways to manage allergy during season change

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I am allergic to seasonal changes and certain food items like curd, etc.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
SPT and blood tests should be done first.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. The allergy to weather changes occurs due to sudden change in temperature or humidity. These are difficult to avoid at all times and will require medication to control.

2. First, SPT (Skin Prick Tests) and blood tests for IgE (hypersensitivity) and IgG (Food Intolerance) must be done as these have similar symptoms to allergy to weather change allergy. Specific allergens are easier to avoid.

3. You are on Ambrodil S, so get your Lung Function tests done.

4. If you have nasal symptoms, anti-histamines, anti-leukotrienes, steroid nasal sprays, steam inhalation and saline nasal washes will help control your symptoms.

5. Upload these test results for discussing further treatment. I would recommend the recently introduced SPT from AllergoPharma (Merck) and the Food Intolerance Test (Food Print/Generrayt).

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sumit Bhatti 29 hours later

Below results are from tests done in XXXXXXX 2015:
IgE: 598.12
X-ray chest: Normal
PFT: 330

At that time, my doctor said that Food Intolerance Test are too vague to be of any real use.

Moreover, from few months I had to go for urination very frequently. At night, its normal.

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details are discussed below:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. Your IgE levels are higher than normal. Hence testing is justified.

2. Newer Skin Prick Tests such as AllergoSPT (Merck) and IgG based Food Intolerance Tests (Genarrayt/ FoodPrint) are accurate.

3. Get your blood sugar levels, a GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test), Renal Function Tests and a Urine analysis (routine and culture sensitivity) done.

4. Upload the results for further treatment options.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Sumit Bhatti

ENT Specialist

Practicing since :1991

Answered : 2593 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  GTT

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor. I am 38years old and had a routine health check during July. My vitamin B12 and vitamin D was very low, so got supplements and treatment...

doctor1 MD

Attempting to get a handle on my anxiety issues, therapist recommended I redo a GTT test (most of my anxiety is based on physical symptoms), last...

doctor1 MD

I'm 30W 5D pregnant... today I had growth scan and baby weigh is 2 kg ... at 30 w 5d gestation is baby weight normal or its more... doctor didn't...

doctor1 MD

hello doctor, now i m 7 months pregnant.. GTT test has been taken and which seems to be high according to the doctor(GTT test with 75gms sugar;...

doctor1 MD

Doctor I am 26 week pregnent. Today I go for GTT test where I found I am having sugar. During fasting it shows 126 mgldl. Then after taking 100gm...

doctor1 MD

I am 33 weeks pregnant. I had controlled sugar till 30th week and suddenly then i started getting vaginal infection. After that i was sent to GTT...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old. Recently I had a miscarriage and my doctor said, it was due to my gestational diabetes which showed GTT - 293. She...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

136 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction