Suggest treatment when having TPHA result as positive

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Is TPHA curable ? I got a job opportunity to work in Gulf. My Blood test showing a result TPHA positive. I don't want to loose my job. Please help me.
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
TPHA is a test to diagnose syphilis. Take these injections and you'll cured.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

1. Syphilis causes permanent damage to the whole body depending on how long it
has infected the body.
2. Syphilis shows a few symptoms like painless ulceration at the site of entry, so it will be seen in
examination. It's a sexually transmitted disease and the infected person infects all his or her
sexual partners.
3. Syphilis germs called as TP - Trepanoma Pallidum can be killed in your body.
4. Take Benzathin Penicillin Injections (2.4 Million Units).
5. Take "Probenecid" and "Doxycycline" if necessary.

Relax. Take the injections. It will surely help you in curing it, but if specific tests are done to look for history of past syphilis infection they can be detected.

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar